When in session, storytimes are weekly, except as noted and when closed for holidays.
All storytimes are drop-in, registration is not required.
Every Child Ready to Read
Our storytimes are designed to help young children acquire the skills they need to start school ready to learn. We emphasize pre-literacy skills at storytime and use research-based best practices to help children learn them through fun activities. Learn more about early literacy and the Five Early Literacy Practices.
Choosing the Right Storytime for your child
Storytimes are designed for specific age and development levels. Choose the best-fit storytime for your child for maximum fun and learning!
- Lapsit Lambs storytimes is for infants and pre-walkers
- Mother Goose is for 6 - 24 months
- Toddler Time is for 24 - 36 months
- Preschool is for 3 - 5 years
- Family storytime is for any age
- Sensory Storytime engages children through movement, music, stories, sensory activities and play. This welcoming, encouraging and supportive program is smaller and more adaptive than other storytimes. An early intervention professional will assist.
Space is limited due to room capacity. Show up early to make sure you find a spot. We are unable to accommodate group visits at storytimes. Please call your library to arrange something special for your group.
We encourage caregivers to sing, clap, and play along! Young children learn by doing, and you are your child's best role model.
Model good listening
Sit close to your child, turn off cell phones and wait until storytime is over to chat with other parents.
Health and safety first
If the room is full, please park strollers outside. Leave toys and snacks outside the story room. Constant coughing and runny noses mean it's time to stay home. If your child is having a hard time, being aggressive or disruptive, please feel free to take a break and come back when everybody is ready.