Zinio for Libraries is a service that offers access to cover-to-cover, full digital editions of many popular magazines. Some magazines contain special content such as video or audio related to their articles. The magazines are current, and are released simultaneously with their print editions.
Henrico County Public Library offers digital magazines through Zinio for Libraries at the HCPL Digital Magazines page. Check out as many issues as you want, and keep them in your account as long as you wish. There are no expiration dates.
What devices work with Zinio?
What you'll need:
Getting started — Create your RBDigital account
You'll use your RBdigital account to browse, check out and read the Zinio magazines that HCPL offers.
- Go to the HCPL Digital Magazines page and click Create New Account.
- Enter your library card number when prompted.
- Enter your name and email address. Choose a password.
- After creating your account you will be logged in to RBdigital, and can browse the magazines offered by the library.
Checking out magazines to your Magazine Collection
- Go to the HCPL Digital Magazines page to browse the collection of magazines the Library offers.
- Click the cover of a magazine to see its current issue, a description, and a list of back issues.
- Click Checkout and log in to RBdigital if prompted. The issue will be added to your Collection.
- Select Keep Browsing to add more magazines to your Collection. If you're using a PC or Mac, you can click Start Reading to read the magazine right in your browser.
Reading digital magazines
In your Web browser
- Go to the HCPL Digital Magazines page and log in with your RBdigital account.
- Go to My Collection to see the magazine issues you have checked out.
- Click the cover of the magazine you'd like to read. The magazine will open in another window/tab. Use the navigation buttons at the right and left to flip pages.
On mobile devices
To read magazines on your mobile device you will need to install a free Zinio for Libraries app (iPad or Android). You can find links to these apps at the bottom of the HCPL Digital Magazines page, or your device's app store. Install the app and log in using your RBdigital account to access your magazines and download them for offline reading.