Follow the steps below and you'll be reading free eBooks from the library in a few minutes.
Before you get started, you will need to create a free account with Adobe. Go to https://adobe.ly/2m5EWbs to sign up with Adobe.
- Fill in the form.
- Click 'Sign Up'.
- You have created your Adobe ID.
- Adobe may ask you for more information. You can provide it if you want but it is not necessary.
Did you write your password down? Is it something you can easily remember? Let's get started!
Step One - Download Adobe Digital Editions
This is the software you will use to manage all of the eBooks you check out from the library. You must have this installed on your computer. Visit http://adobe.ly/deditions, select 'Download', choose Macintosh or Windows then follow the instructions to download and install the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions.
- Once Adobe Digital Editions is installed you will be asked to authorize your computer.
- Use the email address and password you created above to authorize your computer.
Step Two - Find a book to download
Now that you have Adobe Digital Editions installed it's time to find something good to read. You can download three books per week. Unused downloads roll over each week until the end of the month. If you've reached your limit wait until next Monday and you can download more books.
- Go to http://henricolibrary.freading.com
- Browse and find an eBook you want.
- Click on the cover of that book.
- Click 'Login to Download'.
- Enter your library card number when prompted.
- Click 'Download EPUB'.
- Download the book to your computer.
- If prompted, choose to open the file.
- Adobe Digital Editions should open automatically when the book is done downloading.
Step Three - Transfer the book to your Nook
Time to take that book on the road. Let's transfer it to your Nook.
- Connect your Nook to your computer.
- A link for your Nook will be displayed in the left column of Adobe Digital Editions.
- The first time you use a new device with Adobe Digital Editions, you will be prompted to 'authorize' it. When prompted, follow the instructions on your screen, using the Adobe ID created above.
- Click on the eBook you want to transfer.
- Drag and drop the eBook to the link for your Nook under 'Devices'.
- The eBook is transferred to your Nook.
- Disconnect your Nook.
Your eBook will not show up where your B&N books are stored. Look for it in 'My Documents' or 'My Files'.
Our Freading site is http://henricolibrary.freading.com