When in session, storytimes are weekly, except as noted and when closed for holidays.
All storytimes are drop-in, registration is not required.
Every Child Ready to Read
Our storytimes are designed to help young children acquire the skills they need to start school ready to learn. We emphasize pre-literacy skills at storytime and use research-based best practices to help children learn them through fun activities. Learn more about early literacy and the Five Early Literacy Practices.
Choosing the Right Storytime for your child
Storytimes are designed for specific age and development levels. Choose the best-fit storytime for your child for maximum fun and learning!
- Lapsit Lambs storytimes is for infants and pre-walkers
- Mother Goose is for 6 - 24 months
- Toddler Time is for 24 - 36 months
- Preschool is for 3 - 5 years
- Family storytime is for any age
- Cuentos Bilingües (Bilingual Storytime) en español e ingles. Todas las edades (in Spanish and English. All ages)
- Sensory Storytime engages children through movement, music, stories, sensory activities and play. This welcoming, encouraging and supportive program is smaller and more adaptive than other storytimes. An early intervention professional will assist.
Evening and Weekend Storytimes
Many of our libraries offer storytimes during alternate times for families who are busy during weekdays.
Space is limited due to room capacity. Show up early to make sure you find a spot. We are unable to accommodate group visits at storytimes. Please call your library to arrange something special for your group....