Follow the steps below and you'll have a library on your smartphone or tablet.
With the OverDrive App, you can download ePub eBooks and .mp3 Audiobooks directly to most Android, Apple and Windows smartphones and tablets. You can find a complete list of compatible devices at http://www.overdrive.com/resources/drc/.
Step One - Download the OverDrive App
This is the app you will use to access our OverDrive collection directly from your mobile device.
- Find OverDrive in your device's app store by searching for 'OverDrive' or visit http://app.overdrive.com click download, and select your operating system.
- Download, install and open the App.
Step Two - Sign up for an OverDrive account
- Open the OverDrive App.
- Select 'Sign up' then use your library card number, email address or Facebook account to sign up for an OverDrive account.
- If you use your library card number, search for 'Henrico' when prompted then enter your library card number when asked.
- If you use your email address you will receive an email from OverDrive to verify your account – click the link in the email to verify your account. If you continue to see a message saying your account hasn't been verified, sign out of the app then sign back in.
You are all set up and ready to find books! Close the settings by tapping on the right side of the screen.
Step Three - Connect to the Henrico Library
- Swipe from left to right to bring up the menu.
- Tap 'Add a Library'.
- Search for 'Henrico' in the search box and select 'Henrico County Public Library' from the list.
- Create a shortcut to our collection by 'Starring' the library.
Step Four - Find a book and download it
- Select the library shortcut to go to our OverDrive collection.
- Browse or search for an eBook to read or an audiobook to listen to.
- Select 'Borrow' and sign in when prompted.
- Continue browsing for titles or go to the 'Loans' section of your account.
- Download the title.
- For eBooks:
- Select the 'Choose a Format' button, choose EPUB then 'Confirm & add to app', the book will download directly to your device for reading. It will be available in the 'Bookshelf' section of the app.
- For Audiobooks:
- Select 'Add to app' to download the audiobook to the app. It will be available in the 'Bookshelf' section of the app in a few minutes.
- For eBooks:
Step Five - Return the Book
Library eBooks and Audiobooks will return themselves at the end of the loan period but you can return them at any time.
- From the 'Bookshelf' section of the app, tap and hold on the cover of the title you want to return.
- Select 'Return' to return the book and delete it from your device.
- Select 'Delete' to delete the title from your device and keep it checked out to you.
Our OverDrive collection can be found at http://henrico.overdrive.com