We love our regular storytimes at the library! But throughout the year, we take breaks so we can plan new programs to keep our storytimes fun.
When storytime is on break you can continue to enrich your child's life in literature with some of these free resources.
- TumbleBooks is a collection of interactive, animated, talking picture books! It helps young children explore the joys of reading in a format they'll love. There are also puzzles and games!
- VA Lit Day by Day provides early literacy activities for every day. You will find topic-specific songs, app recommendations, stories and suggestions of simple activities to reinforce the day’s concept.
- Our Librarians have reviewed lots of fun educational apps.
- Check our events calendar for special activities likes crafts and Family Fun!
At the library
- You are always welcome to keep your library routine by visiting the library. You can present your own storytime by reading with your children at the library or check out materials to take home and share. While visiting you and your children can play with materials in our early literacy centers.
- ABCMouse.com - With 3,500+ interactive books, educational games, puzzles and other learning activities, ABCMouse.com's award-winning online curriculum is free for use at our library locations for young learners (ages 2-6+). From Age of Learning, Inc.
- Check out one of our Read-To-Me Kits. These preschool "discovery packs" contain a theme in an easy to carry book bag. There are many themes to choose from, including seasons, holidays, trains and concepts such as alphabet, counting, colors and shapes. Each bag contains a mix of books, simple toys and DVDs that focus on the bag's theme. They are available at many libraries and can be placed on hold.