Explore a Whole New World with World Book Online
With research options available for a wide range of ages, World Book Online is a great resource for that research project that's due tomorrow, but you haven't started yet. (Don't worry, we won't judge)
Taking full advantage of tablet technology, World Book Online also works on your tablet, meaning you can put the finishing touches to your project in the car on your way to school. Here's how to get there:
From Henrico County Public Library's Internet Homepage, click on Kids>Kids Space, then Research a Topic in the middle of the page. From the list of databases, click on World Book and enter your library card number (if you are at home).
Once you enter World Book Online, you will see all of the products available to you:
- Kids! - The newest section of World Book Online uses image-driven navigation to engage young learners. There are interactive videos, games, as well as informative articles. Interactive features include the World of Animals, Explorable Maps, Important People, and Science Projects.
- Early World of Learning - Developed by early childhood educators for children ages preschool through grade 2, this resource provides educational games, a story corner, coloring pages, and short video clips.
- World Book Discover - Designed for middle school students and older, this database contains thousands of easy-to-read articles and a wealth of multimedia resources.
- InfoFinder - This database is useful for elementary and middle school age students looking for easy-to-read explanations of various topics.
- Timelines - Users can explore important moments in sports, world history, science & technology, and more.
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos - A Spanish language reference site for children ages kindergarten through 4th grades, or adults learning the Spanish language. It contains engaging content, rich media, and interactive learning tools - all in Spanish.
With World Book Online your research project will be a success! You may enjoy using it so much, that you will start your research project earlier next time. (Don't worry, we know that's too good to be true. And besides, who are we to judge? This blog post was written the day before it was due!)