Enjoy any of these amusing science stories:
- Amelia Bedelia, Rocket Scientist? by Herman Parish - the housekeeper is promoted to scientist, just in time for the school's science fair - eeek - everybody better take cover!
- Oh No! (Or How My Science Project Destroyed the World) by Mac Barnett - yikes - a robot takes over - that is, until it meets its match.
- The Secret Science Project That Almost Ate the School by Judy Sierra - my goodness, mail-ordered slime takes over the cat, little sister, dad, teacher, and it wants more!
And, BECOME a scientist with these easy do-it-yourself guides!
- Tinkering: Kids Learn by Making Stuff by Curt Gabrielson - erupt a volvano, harness a tornado in a bottle, and zoom your own self-made hovercraft.
- Cool Odor Decoders: Fun Science Projects about Smells by Esther Beck - distill your own perfume.
- Naked Eggs and Flying Potatoes: Unforgettable Experiments That Make Science Fun by Steve Spangler - bubble 'lava' in a bottle, make quicksand goo, and pull off the world famous Mentos geyser!
- Last-Minute Science Fair Projects by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen - make a mummies out of oranges, grow gardens of crystals, use everyday liquids to restore the shine to pennies, make stalactites, and lightning too!
- How To Build a Hovercraft: Air Cannons, Magnet Motors, and 25 Other Amazing DIY Science Projects by Stephen Voltz - create illusions, Ivory soap volcanos, golf ball drop courses, and airplanes that fly (seemingly) forever.
- Crazy Contraptions by Susan Martineau - make balloon rockets, paddle boats, Morse Code messagers, and whizzy whirlers (like helicopters).