You can borrow Kindle books from our OverDrive collection and, with the click of a button, have them delivered to your Kindle device or free reading app.
Follow the steps below and you'll be reading free eBooks from the library in a few minutes.
Step One - Find a book to download
- Go to http://henrico.overdrive.com
- Search or browse the collection to find an eBook you'd like to read.
- Click 'Borrow' and sign in when prompted.
- Continue browsing for titles or go to the 'Loans' section of your account.
- Click the 'Choose a Format' button next to the book's cover.
- Select Kindle Book.
- Click on 'Confirm & Download'.
- You will be directed to Amazon.com to redeem your public library loan.
- You may be required to login to your Amazon.com account (or create a new account) if you're not already logged in.
- Choose to read the book on your Kindle, free reading app, or Kindle Cloud Reader.
- Click 'Get Library Book'.
Step Two - Download your book
Downloading library eBooks to your Kindle is similar to downloading a Kindle book purchased from Amazon.
Many mobile devices (smartphones, tablet computers) have free Kindle apps you can use to download and read Kindle books. Downloading a library eBook to these apps is outlined below:
Step Three - Returning a library eBook
- Log in to your Amazon account and navigate to 'Manage Your Content and Devices'.
- Find the book you would like to return, select the 'Actions' button next to it then select 'Return this book'.
Our OverDrive site is http://henrico.overdrive.com