With the Freading App, you can download and read ePub and PDF eBooks on most Android and Apple devices.
Before you get started, you will need to create a free account with Adobe. Go to http://bit.ly/newadobeid to sign up with Adobe. Click 'Get an Adobe ID' to get started.
- Fill in the form.
- Uncheck the 'Stay informed' box if you don't want to receive email from Adobe.
- Click 'Sign Up'.
- You have created your Adobe ID.
- Adobe may ask you for more information. You can provide it if you want but it is not necessary.
Step One-Download Freading App
The Freading app will let you download and read books checked out from the library via Freading.
- Search for 'Freading' in your app store.
- Follow the instructions to download and install the App.
- Authorize your device with the Adobe ID you created above, using the same email address and password.
Step Two-Find a book to download
- Open the Freading app.
- Select the 'Get Books' icon.
- Press the 'Login' button and search for Henrico Public Library, select the library from the list then login using your library card number.
- Browse and find an eBook you want.
- Select the cover of that book.
- Select 'Download EPUB'.
- Download and enjoy.
You can download 3 books per week. Unused downlads roll over each week until the end of the month. If you've reached your limit, wait until next Monday and you can download more books.
If you have the OverDrive app installed on your device you can use it to read eBooks from Freading. Browse the Freading collection and checkout a title using an internet browser on your device. When you select 'Download EPUB' you should be asked which app to use to open the file. Select OverDrive from the list and the title will open in the OverDrive app.
Our Freading site is http://henricolibrary.freading.com